Thursday, October 13, 2011

Taste Test

Today while the dietitians had a staff meeting we were given the job of taste testing all the supplements that are offered. I am constantly offering patients supplements and have often wondered what they actually taste like. You wouldn't work at a restaurant without trying the food your serving, right? I must admit, most of them were down right awful however, there were some that we did like. The unanimous winner was the Magic Cup. The Magic Cup is like a sherbet that served in an individualized cup. It never melts (hence magic cup). The second winner was the Breeze supplement. It pretty much tasted like Kool-Aid. The rest of them had types of flavors that I couldn't even begin to describe. Basically, they were not appetizing but if you HAD to drink them you could.


My first week in critical care is over and it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. I successfully calculated tube feeds and TPNs, woohoo! I am glad it is the weekend though, I'm not sure how much more I could take hearing someone yell 'help me, please help me' all day. Our first evaluations were completed at the end of today and we all got great remarks. What a great way to end the long work week and start off the weekend. 






The taste panel: Anna, Tina, and I
















This weekend: University of Cincinnati Homecoming. Go Bearcats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment