Monday, October 10, 2011

Yogurt Vi

I became an ice cream enthusiast years ago while still living at my parents house. There was a UDF right around the corner and every day we would check to see if the orange sherbet was on the calendar. When the sherbet was listed for that day I, being the lucky one, had to make the run get a scoop for my parents and although delicious, I opted for the real thing. Peanut butter chip ice cream. I soon became hooked and couldn't seem to get enough. When I began college and moved out of the house I lost such a precious amenity--my car. The car now belonged to my sister and I had no way of getting my ice cream fix. With no UDF or car, what's a girl to do? One of my roommates, and now a great friend, had a car and we soon found Yagoot. Although not ice cream, this tangy frozen yogurt was ah-maz-ing. I recommend the strawberry yogurt topped with bananas and alligator crunch. With fresh fruit toppings, 99% fat free, and only 120 calories for 1/2 cup a new addiction had manifested. When my only way to get around graduated I was now stuck in the same predicament as 3 years ago. No car, no ice cream, and now no frozen yogurt. 2 years later all my dreams came true- a frozen yogurt store was built within walking distance. And to put the cherry on top, I got a car.

Yogurt Vi is the ultimate self-serve frozen yogurt experience. They have 20 different flavors that rotate and over 40 selections of dried toppings and fresh fruit. They offer tart, premium, low fat, and nonfat frozen yogurts. From apple pie to cookies and cream to tropical banana (yes, those are all listed under the nonfat yogurts) the options are limitless. More often than not, I make the .8 mile treck up hill to the oh so tasty shop. Most recently I got strawberry, banana, and vanilla frozen yogurt topped with strawberries, a dash of Reeses cups, and yogurt chips. The candy is always tempting but, I always try and make it worth while by opting for the fresh fruits and nonfat yogurts. I've already chosen the frozen yogurt why ruin it by adding loads of calories and fat? But, if your feeling frisky go a head and add a dash of your favorite sweet treat.


In the war of ice cream vs frozen yogurt in most aspects frozen yogurt is the clear winner.

per 1/2 cup serving:
frozen yogurt- 100 calories
ice cream- 200 calories

frozen yogurt- 2 grams of fat
ice cream- 11 gm of fat

frozen yogurt- 18 grams of sugar
ice cream- 18 grams of sugar



This weeks rotation: critical care & working on my Food Day project

No comments:

Post a Comment