Monday, November 21, 2011

Dance Your Way Thin

Last spring as classes were winding down and I gained 1 extra minute to relax, I chose to spend that time trying out a new exercise--ZUMBA. For those of you who don't know, Zumba is a latin-inspired dance-fitness program. If your anything like me feeling bored and uninspired on the elliptical or treadmill this is a great alternative. The inner dancer in me instantly fell in love with Zumba and I was hooked. Dancing can be a great way to lose weight and get in shape. If you do enough of it like they do on Dancing with the Stars, you will be able to drop those pounds in no time. ABC network, if your reading this I'm still waiting for my call to be on Dancing with the Stars.

The Zumba craze has sky rocketed and I can see why. It is a great way to de-stress and let loose while burning anywhere between 500-1000 calories in ONE hour. Unfortunately with my hectic life as an intern right now I have not been to a Zumba class for a while. We were given the week off (woohoo!) so, I am devoting this time to getting back on the workout wagon. Another road block: it's raining today which means I really don't want to go outside to walk to the gym. Solution: use what you have. I'm going to pop in my Just Dance Wii and get my groove on.

If you don't have an area near you that offers zumba classes have no fear, there are plenty of DVDs and interactive video games out there. Don't want to spend money to buy a DVD? turn on your radio or favorite album and start shaking those hips.

No comments:

Post a Comment