Thursday, August 11, 2011

Arrivederci

I would like to dedicate this post to a great friend and fellow RD in the making--ALISSA! Last night we had a farewell dinner with as she put it so perfectly in her Facebook post--'the original high school crew' (and still good friends to this day!) before she moves to Tampa Florida to complete her dietetic internship. We all met at the restaurant Tellers, in Hyde Park. If it weren't for the fun atmosphere and great company I probably would have walked out. The food was pretty tasty but, the service and the amount of time to receive our food was underwhelming. An hour and a half later we realized the bottles of wine were empty and we still hadn't received our food. Nevertheless it was great to be with friends reminiscing on old times and where we think we will be in 5 years (we'll see if these predictions are accurate). I wish you the best of luck in Tampa and know that we will be discussing what each of us are doing in rotations. I can't wait to hear about all your endeavorers and I hope to make it to FL before our internships are over.
An update on this weeks mystery shopper mission: I have 3 hospitals to go! The most interesting part--seeing how different each hospital is. Some of the food has been delicious but some has been stereotypical hospital food. Today, myself and two other girls in the internship took a road trip to Indiana where two of the hospitals were located (aka the middle of nowhere). 3 girls and 3 GPS systems and we still seemed to get somewhat turned around. Not to mention the LARGE farming tractor we saw driving down the road or as Courtney liked to call it, the transformer. Tomorrow I will tackle the last 3 hospitals and then next week  we start a new assignment. 


ps. I would like to give a big thanks to everyone who is checking out my blog! I learned last night that I really do have readers :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment