Monday, August 29, 2011

It's All Over...For Now

A lot has happened in the past week which would be the reason for my lack of blogging. And no internet access might have something to do with it too. The two days I have been anticipating all month have finally arrived...and left. Move day was successful and I have many people to thank. I would like to thank Nolan and my brother for doing all the heavy lifting, It was nice coming home from menu planning to see all the furniture moved. My dad for supplying gallons of water (literally), lunch, and unpacking my kitchen. Thanks to my mom and sister who came the next day and helped me unpack and clean. For all of you out there who have not yet lived without roommates I would like to share with you the best perk I have discovered so far: I have the refrigerator, freezer, and pantry ALL to myself. With as much cooking as I do, one shelf in my old fridge would never be enough. As my roommates can attest to, my food would often share a shelf with theirs. Although I will miss having roommates it's exciting to say I have my first very own apartment. 


Next, The MOW project is finally over and I can breathe again. This project was a huge learning opportunity and let me tell you, I learned a lot. The most important thing I learned: as a dietitian, I do not want to be making cycle menus. Today, the director of MOW spoke with us again and let us know that they give 225 clients therapeutic meals in the area and they will now be serving 5 clients in the local KY area which will hopefully be a stepping stone for more to come. I took this to heart seeing as we are there for the clients to provide them with a variety of meals to better their quality of life and even just bring a smile to their face that day. 


Now that orientation is over and I don't start rotations until September 26th my blogging during the break will be sharing recipes I discover or fun workouts I do, as I hop on that bandwagon this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment