Monday, August 22, 2011

Meals on Wheels: The Final Days

The MOW cycle menu is coming to an end. We present our menu on Thursday and I think we are all happy to be that much closer to being done since we are going stir crazy and our creative juices are no longer flowing. It's bee a lot of hard work, staring at a computer, and rearranging foods but at the same time it's exciting to know that MOW really appreciates what we are doing. I just hope the panel loves our menu and there aren't many changes to be made (keep your fingers crossed!). This week we will also be attending a seminar. I can't remember what it's about but, come Wednesday you'll be hearing all about it. 




Just to add a little something, I would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my big brother, Stephen!! He's the big 2-5 today. Over the weekend we had a birthday celebration that wouldn't have been complete without tons of FOOD. Although it may not have been the healthiest of meals, it sure was delicious. All things in moderation, right? Stephen roasted a pork butt for 15 hours complete with homemade BBQ sauce. Mac and cheese was made by my mother (my favorite cooking partner) and I. There was also coleslaw, fruit salad, and corn on the cob. If your going to do it right, do it the Pestian way....all homemade! and if theres one thing that runs in our family, it's a love of good cooking. So, happy birthday and enjoy the beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment