Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pediatrics

I've been waiting for this day ever since I found out they accepted me into the pediatric rotation and the day came faster than I could anticipate. I am currently in my second week at one of the nationally ranked children's hospital where they house at least 50 dietitians and, I am more than thrilled to be given the opportunity to spend 7 weeks with them. However, coming from the adult world to the child world has been quite the leap. It's a whole new way of thinking and basically nothing I have been trying to perfect since August applies, but I am absolutely willing to redirect my thinking since I ultimately want to work with children. I have nothing crazy or interesting to report yet since I'm still trying to get my bearings down but I will keep posting as time goes on. 





This weeks rotation at Children's: transitional care unit, spinal cord clinic, and vent patients in the pulmonary clinic














Update on training for the 10k: I have to admit I've been slacking the past week or so. My motivation for the first 2 1/2 weeks was sky high and I couldn't believe that I lost 6 pounds that fast. My goal in this was not to lose weight but hey, it's an added bonus. Lately my knees have been starting to really ache and it's been deterring me from running. I'm thinking maybe I'll take some advil before I run to help this problem? If anyone has any advice on keeping my joints from aching please let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment